The mission of the Medication Safety Officers Society (MSOS) is to advance and encourage excellence in medication safety by providing communication, leadership, direction, and education for its members. MSOS offers an open forum for information sharing and collaboration.
MSOS was founded in 2013 by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) to continue the mission of the now dissolved American Society of Medication Safety Officers, Inc. The name “Medication Safety Officers Society” reflects the organization’s expanded reach to medication safety officers, medication safety coordinators, and other professionals interested in safe medication use on both a national and international scale. With a multidisciplinary membership of over 1,400, MSOS is an important resource for supporting the work of the entire healthcare team to improve safe medication use. Membership in MSOS is currently free to all medication safety officers and other professionals who work (or have worked) in healthcare or a healthcare-related field and have a role in improving medication safety in healthcare organizations.
-provides overall guidance and recommendations to ISMP regarding MSOS activities and services.
- Kelly Besco, Pharm.D, FISMP, CPPS
- Jaculin L. DeYoung, PharmD
- E. Robert Feroli, PharmD, FASHP, FSMSO
- Christian Hartman, PharmD, MBA, FSMSO
- Sean P. O’Neil, PharmD
- Joanne Peterson RN, FISMP
- Elizabeth Rebo, PharmD
- provides input to ISMP, advising on medication safety-related educational programs and resources
- Susan Paparella, MSN, RN (Chair)
- Ivyruth Andreica, BSN, PharmD
- Varintorn (Bank) Aramvareekul, MHSA, MBA, RPh, CPHQ, CSSGB, FACHE
- Brenda Asplund, PharmD, CPPS
- Kathleen Black, Pharm.D.
- Shawn Boland, PharmD, MSc, CPPS
- Bridget Bridgman, PharmD
- Sheri Herner, PharmD, BCPS, CPPS, FCCP
- Nancy McKee, BSN, RN
- Rachel Mikhil, Pharm.D.
- Jennifer Robertson, PharmD, BCPS
- Thomas Swanson, M.S., RPh.
- Christopher S. Walsh, PharmD, RPh, FISMP
- provides input and assistance with updating ISMP’s current guidelines, as well as creating new guidelines
- Darryl S. Rich, PharmD, MBA, FASHP (Chair)
- Jacqueline M Burr, RPh
- Stacy L. Carson, PharmD, BCPS, FISMP
- Kelli L. Garrison, PharmD, BCPS
- John P. Gray, PharmD, MS, BCPS
- LilyAnn Jeu, PharmD, BCPS
- Christine Micek, MSN, RN
- Dan Sheridan, MS. RPh
- Andrew P. Stivers, PharmD
- Karen E. Thompson, BS Pharm, PharmD
- Randi M Trope, DO, MBA, FAAP, FCCP
- Elizabeth Wade, PharmD, BCPS
- Lorraineá Williams, PharmD
If you want more information about the Medication Safety Officer's Society (MSOS), please send an email to the address below:
Darryl S. Rich, Pharm.D., M.B.A. FASHP