We are looking for a clinical decision support for heparin drips, though this seems to be a recurrent topic. From what I have gathered (here and with a lit search), I can only find CDS for heparin drips that are either "home grown" or available within EPIC.
Can we look at the following questions:
- Can you describe common administration errors when it comes to heparin drips?
- Inappropriate initial rate for larger patients
- Titrating off of the wrong lab value
- Increasing rate and giving a bolus after the drip has been held
- If you changed during your tenure from one to the other what were some of the advantages/pitfalls you saw?
- Is the consistent across different types of hospitals (large, medium, CAH)?
Thank you in advance,