Background: our respiratory therapy dept was previously using Medfusion syringe pumps for drugs in Aerogen syringes (epoprostenol, ribavirin, etc.), until those pumps were recalled a few months ago, and they were told they had to switch to a different pump. We use Alaris pumps for our IV infusions, and they switched over to Alaris and are currently running these in basic mode.
I'm wondering if anyone has experience/advice to share on this?
1) Compatibility of the Aerogen syringes with Alaris - I have reached out to our BD rep for info on this since they are not listed in the manual as calibrated for use
2) Strategies for building non-IV drugs into Guardrails library (like respiratory, subcutaneous, epidurals)
- Do you have a separate "Respiratory" profile built specifically for them ?
- Or are they within your usual profiles but as separate drug items
- Or are they built as "Fluids"
- How do you name to differentiate from the same drug in IV form?
Thanks in advance for any advice,