We want to inform you that ISMP has signed an agreement with ASHP to offer an online medication safety certificate program. Although ISMP plans to have online learning in the future with its new website, we thought this is a good opportunity for MSOS members, along with the other programs that ISMP currently offers. This certificate program will also offer continuing education for pharmacists, nurses, and physicians. Program development will begin shortly, and we will inform you once it is available. A press release will go out this week and be posted on the ISMP website (www.ismp.org).
ISMP has just released the first in a series of “video newsletters” being produced in partnership with the Temple University School of Pharmacy. The videos, which will be in a news format with short interviews, are designed to provide insight on key medication safety issues from nationally recognized experts. They will provide a summary of top content from the biweekly ISMP Medication Safety Alert! newsletter.
The first video, now available online, focuses on:
- *IV Push Medication Use
- *Eliminating Ratio Expressions
- *ISMP’s Targeted Medication Safety Best Practices
To view the first video in the ISMP video newsletter series, visit: http://2020visualmedia.com/ismp
We wish to thanks all those who came to the MSOS Networking Meeting and Reception at the 2016 ASHP Medication Safety Collaborative in Baltimore MD this past week. We had over 40 people attend both functions. We had some lively discussion on the new ISMP White Paper on the Value of the Medication Safety Officer, and on what is the definition of "harm" when classifying medication errors. We look forward to seeing you next year in Minneapolis.
MSOS is interdisciplinary organization and we know first-hand what a group of like-minded patient safety advocates can accomplish in collaboration. The ASHP Medication Safety Collaborative (held in cooperation with MSOS) is not just for pharmacists. In that light, the ASHP is offering a special one-day rate ($250) for interprofessional clinicians and other non-ASHP members who want to experience the amazing opportunities and exceptional education found at the 2016 ASHP Medication Safety Collaborative (MSC) in Baltimore MD, June 11-15, 2016.
As a member of MSOS, if you are going to the ASHP Medication Safety Collarborative (Summer Meeting) in Baltimore MD, don't forget to join us for:
- ISMP Educational Session: “ISMP 2016 Updates: Best Practices to Enhance Patient Safety” on Sunday, June 12 from 10:30 am-12:30 pm in Ballroom III (Level 400).
- MSOS Members Networking Meeting on Sunday, June 12 from 12:30-1:30pm in Room 337 (Level 300) of the Baltimore Convention Center.
- Member social reception- MSOS will be hosting an informal gathering with free drinks and small bites - Monday night, June 13, 2016 from 5:30 to 7:00 pm at the Kona Grill (1 East Pratt St - between St. Charles and Light Sts). Meet us in the bar/lounge area and say your are with MSOS.
- Information table - in the Upper Pratt Street lobby near ASHP Registration and the ASHP Store, and on the other side of the up-escalators from Starbucks.
For more details click here.