ISMP is repeating, for the final time, a short survey to get a general sense of progress in the implementation of the 2014-15 Targeted Medication Safety Best Practices for Hospitals, before the 2016-2017 Best Practices are identified and released. We would appreciate your participation as a MSOS member regardless of whether you have or have not implemented any or all of the practices. You can take the survey by visiting: www.surveymonkey.com/r/TMSBP2015. The survey will be open until July 8, 2015. For a description of the 2014-2015 Targeted Medication Safety Best Practices for Hospitals, visit: www.ismp.org/sc?id=417. We sincerely appreciate your participation! Also, we would appreciate forwarding any ideas you have for the new 2016-2017 Targeted Medication Safety Best Practices for Hospitals by sending them to email@example.com. Thanks.
We would like to thank all of those who attended the MSOS Membership Meeting and Reception at the 2015 ASHP Medication Safety Collaborative in Denver, CO this past week. We had a great attendance and there was a lot of discussion. At the meeting:
• Medication safety issues were brought up by members and attendees discussed solutions that work at their hospitals.
• Many attendees were surprised to learn that to receive an email of posts and replies from our discussion board (Forum), members have to subscribe to the Forum – it is not automatic.
• Finally, a new “Help Center” function (documents with screenshots to answer common website and forum issues) was presented. The link to the Help Center can be found on the bottom of the main website page.
We would like to thank ASHP for providing the meeting space. In addition, our reception was a success (see photo) as people networked and had fun.
In an effort to learn more about the medication safety-related educational needs of MSOS members, the newly established MSOS Education Committee is seeking your input for upcoming educational program topics. In addition, the committee would also like to know more about your preferred format for receiving the education.
Please consider providing feedback by completing the educational needs survey, which can be found at: https://surveys.ismp.org/s3/MSOS-Educational-Needs-Survey.
If you are a MSOS member and have not been receiving emails for the MSOS discussion board ("Forum") on medication safety issues, it may be that you have not yet signed up to be a part of the MSOS Forum. To subscribe and receive emails on the discussion topics, you must complete the following steps:
- Log into MSOS website (www.medsafetyofficer.org) with your username and password.
- On the top main menu banner (far right side), click on “Forum”
- On the top left of the “MSOS Discussion Board”, click on the “Subscribe” button. (Note: If you are already subscribed, the button will say "Unsubscribe", rather than "Subscribe".)
We look forward to your participation on the Forum.
ISMP is working to publish a list of medication-related measures that can be used as part of a meaningful “dashboard” for senior leadership in healthcare organizations. Medication safety officers can help by taking a quick survey at: http://surveys.ismp.org/s3/Measurement-Matters-ISMP, which will provide ISMP with input on how data is currently being used to identify and monitor safe medication use.
The survey asks respondents to record up to five medication safety measures they collect related to three specific areas; if you are not the correct person within your organization to provide that information, please pass the survey link on to the appropriate staff member.
An announcement will be posted on www.medsafetyofficer.org when the final list of medication measures is available.